If you are still unsure which among the many self-tanning products you should use, then take the following factors into account when buying:
- Tinting – Look for a self-tanning product, which is tinted, since this will let you see the specific area where you applied it. Clear self-tanners tend to make your skin look tanned due to the chemical reaction over time, so you may find it difficult to determine if you were able to apply the tanner evenly right away. Those with tinting can help you deal with such difficulty since it lets you see the area being treated immediately.
- Scent – It is also important to consider the scent when finding the best self tanning products in the market. Note that some self-tanners come with very strong scents that tend to linger on your skin, and transfer to your clothes. Find out if the scent of the tanning product, which you are planning to buy is one that you can tolerate. Note that you will be applying it on your skin, and if you can’t tolerate the scent, then you will most likely stop the tanning process before you even finish, which will just be a waste of time and effort.
- Duration – You also need to know how long the effects of the tanning product will last. However, avoid expecting that the tan will last for several days without applying the self-tanner again. The good news is that there are self-tanners that last longer than usual. All it takes to determine the specific length of time it will last is to check the package of the product. Determine how long you’d like your self-tanner to take effect, and pick one which meets such requirement.
- Length of time needed for the product to take effect – Another vital factor to consider in your search for the best self-tanner is the length of time it usually takes for the tanner to produce a deep color into your skin. You can actually purchase an instant self-tanner, which offers instant bronzing on your skin right after applying it. The main reason is that these instant self-tanners have bronze-colored cream. Note, however, that some self-tanners require several hours before they take effect. This length of time is necessary to allow your skin to produce a much deeper color.
- Drying time – Drying time differs from one self-tanner to another. While there are self-tanning products that dry within just a minute, there are those that take more than 20 minutes to dry. Go for those that your skin can easily absorb without making you feel greasy after the application.
The sunless tanners are beneficial for anyone who wishes to have a safe and convenient tan because these don’t directly expose them to the sun. However, it is crucial to compare different products carefully to figure out which one fits your needs, budget and expected results, you can check out atbeauty.net in order to find awesome reviews that help you to decide.